Many different types of students enroll in our 4-Day Grand Prix Road Racing Class. Learning through The Bondurant Method, beginner drivers to seasoned racers agree that this program – with a 3:1 coach to student ratio – proved to be one of the most valuable experiences of their lifetime. The class is demanding, the challenges real and the concentration it takes to complete this class will be both draining and thrilling to every student. It can also put you on the fast track to earn your SCCA License, which will be determined by your Bondurant instructor.
Although beginners can enroll you must be proficient with a manual transmission (stick shift). Over 80% of the Road Racing course is spent on the Bondurant skills pad and on the 1.6-mile track, while the remaining 20% is spent in-classroom. Since our student-to-instructor ratio is 3:1, you are guaranteed a personalized instruction experience second to none. All designed for maximum car control, exercises include heel-&-toe down shifting, skid control, braking techniques (ABS and non ABS exercises), accident avoidance, and weight transfer.
All of this information will be put in practice on the track where an instructor will lead you showing cornering techniques, early and late apex points (the racing line) and the quick way around the track. They will ride with you and personally coach you through each turn. On your own, you will have the opportunity to go as fast as your new abilities will take you. There is no speed limit in road racing!
Day Three will put your racing knowledge to test. Real use of SCCA rules, racing etiquette and racing flags are put into play. You will experience the adrenaline rush of being out on a track at speed while discovering a newfound respect for everyone who has ever competed in the motorsports arena.
The last day of Road Racing will hone your skills further. Proficient with the track and car control you now start all over by jumping into a single seat, open wheel Ligier JS F4 Open Wheel Formula race car. The fourth day is all track time! Getting the Formula F4 race cars quickly up to speed you’ll experience the thrill of driving these responsive, lightweight machines. ***Height and weight restrictions apply! Generally, you must be under 6’4″ and/or under 250 lbs. with a shoe size under 12.***
– Vehicle Days 1-3: Dodge//SRT Challenger Hellcat Widebody 6-speed
– Vehicle Days 1-3: OPT: Dodge Charger Hellcat 8-speed automatic
– Vehicle Day 4: Open Wheel Ligier JS F4 race car
– Class Size: 3 students per instructor
– SCCA License Eligibility (Determined by instructor)